Potatoes are the most popular root vegetable worldwide. It is used in all types of cooked vegetables. So sometimes potatoes are also called the “king of vegetables”. They are round to oval or oblong in shape, vary greatly in size and are light/dark brown in color. The color may be purple or red as well. It is used as raw, mashed, boiled, roasted, grilled and as a dessert (in India). They are an excellent source of carbohydrates, calories and fiber. According to the Objek Wisata Indonesia website, potatoes are also rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and nutrients. Thus providing even more health benefits for humans, which can be read below:
- Weight Gain: Due to the excellent source of carbohydrates, calories, fiber and a little bit of proteins, they are the best food for lean or thin people. If they want to gain weight, so start eating potatoes.
- Lower Cholesterol: The presence of both types of fiber i.e. Half value of soluble fiber and half value of insoluble fiber helps to reduce the LDL cholesterol level and regulate the digestion system and promotes cellular renewal.
- Lower Blood Pressure: It contains Phytochemicals include flavanoids and a compound named kukoamine, which is known for lowering the blood pressure agent.
- Immune Booster: Potatoes are rich in vitamins (B, C) and minerals like iron, copper, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, thiamin, niacin and calcium, so they helps to boost the immune system.
- Reduce Rheumatism Inflammation: It contains vitamins, magnesium, niacin, potassium and calcium that help to reduce the inflammation caused by Rheumatic arthritis.
- Prevent Kidney Stones: It contains the high value of magnesium, which helps to prevent the accumulation of calcium in the kidney.
- Skin Care: Mashed potatoes mixed with honey and applied as a face pack helps to glowing beautiful skin.
- Good Source Of Dietary Fiber: It is the good source of dietary fiber, thus prevents from constipation, colon polyps and cancer.
In short, potatoes have many health benefits for your body as well as some negative effects such as increased blood sugar and weight gain. There are many other health benefits such as scurvy, bleeding gums, canker sores, diarrhea, growth of cancer cells, preventing hemorrhoids, sleeping sickness, headaches and anemia, premenstrual syndrome, mental depression and many more. If you know more about Wisata Bandung Terbaru, please share your knowledge with us via our comment box below to serve others better.